So I’ve decided to give my old major project model a bit of a makeover now I know a little more about Zbrush and anaotomy.. I still have a ways to go – there’s something not right with his legs and the general proportions of his lower half seems a little odd as they did in the original short. I shall keep progressing!
Karl Pilkington re-imagining:
Head over to my CGsociety Channel for more! http://rosshildick3d.cgsociety.org/
Here are two other versions I did for no reason.
Well, at least we got something! 😉
Well done to my whole team for winning this award at the [BFX] Film & Animation Festival held at Bournemouth University earlier this year!
Here’s the ‘making of’ our [BFX] entry, [CtrlZ]:
Decided to do a paint-over this time… Model took around 3 hours, paint-over about 1 and a half.
I have moved onto zbrush. Good times ahead!
(I have no idea what the model in the image is supposed to be)
More *alien* plant tests. Two colour variations for my masterclass project for SonyGames: green and red…
Each plant (there are three in this pic, if you couldn’t tell) is 1500 polys.
Its so hard to make plants that don’t exist in the real world look realistic! 😥
Also, a condition of this assignment’s hand-in is that we don’t use custom shadres or any mental ray shaders. So the standard blinn shader in Maya is about as good as this is allowed to get; I can render in mental ray though and this was done with default ‘Sun & Sky
Whilst playing with rendering & lighting settings for showreel ideas, I decided to do a quick render test using an old model. The materials are just flat lamberts
If you have no idea who this girl is, you can see the original blog and video >> HERE <<